One of the big styles in 2018 is pattern. Big, bold and colorful patterns. The problem a lot of people run into is how to use the pattern, and how much is too much. These patterns are so bold that it’s easy to overdo a good thing. To make it a little easier, we have broken down a typical house , room by room , and made a list of suggestions on how to introduce these fun new patterns!
- Bedroom:Change up your bedding! The bedding is the number one statement you can make in any bedroom since the bed is almost always the focal point. It is also an easy enough thing to change up every season, once a year, or whenever the mood strikes.
- Kitchen: Use your kitchen towels! It may seem like a small change, but generally the kitchen is one of the more cluttered room in your home , so you do not want to add to the congestion , but a bright red and orange towel set will surely stand out among your gray or neutral palette.
- Living Room: Add some side panels. Side panels are a good way in any room to introduce some color. The living room is a great space to change these because the windows tend to be less crowded than in some other rooms , and again it is usually a space with a more neutral palette that can handle a pop of color.
- Bathroom: Go bold and change your shower curtain. Shower curtains are easy to change out and tend to be relatively inexpensive , so a great room to introduce that chevron pattern you have been eyeing in the store.
- Dining Room: Grab a table runner or some place mats. The dining room tends to lack in pattern in general, so dressing up the table everyone is going to be gathered around is always a great way to change the room up , and it’s also a inexpensive update.
Most of these suggestions can be used in multiple places in the home, just keep in mind less is always more! It is always a good idea to have one big statement in every room in the house, and not to overdo one room with too many strong statements. Happy decorating!!