Summer has ended and school is in full swing again. We’ve come up with some ideas that you can use to decorate dorm rooms, or any students room, to make them feel more at home, comfortable, and to make their space more inductive to learning.
1. Add potted plants around to make the room less sterile and to add some life into the room. It also help students to relax from schoolwork by seeing green and to be in touch with nature.
2. You can add floor cushions to add extra seating and color without making any major modifications in the room.
3. There are places where you can buy removable wallpaper sheets, you can use it to have an accent wall which help create character in your new room.
4. You can also add blinds that are functional, without breaking the bank. If you are the type of student who stays up late finishing reports or projects, you can have the Blackout shades so you can sleep in a little bit more the next day. Just make sure that you always have your alarm on, we don’t want you missing out on your classes. Other types are the Horizontal blinds that are only room darkening so it only darkens enough and you will still see a glimpse of light when the sun is up. You can also turn the slats on any angle depends on how much light you will need to wake yourself up.
5. We all know that dorm rooms are also not too spacious so if you want to make the room feel a little bigger, the smartest thing you can of course do is to decorate the room with multifunctional furnitures. Storage ottomans and futons are just a few examples.
And finally, to give a cozy feel to the room, you can also add rugs, and of course your favorite photos; and do not forget your favorite blanket to snuggle up with on those cool Autumn nights!