The holiday season, in my opinion, is literally the best time of year. Friends, family, parties, and warm fuzzy sweaters. Make sure that decorating the house is always a part of the fun â€“ and not a chore! Weâ€™ve put together a list of fun ideas for you and your family to make sure to keep things simple and fun!
- The tree. Although this may seem to be the most obvious, often the tree can become more of a part of the â€œprocessâ€ than fun. Make sure you go together to pick out a tree. Make ornaments together â€“ make it a fun arts and crafts project. Enjoy each aspect (even hanging the lights!!) and make some memories doing it!
- Dress up your doors. Literally, let everyone decorate a door in the house, and dress it up like a package. From wrapping paper, to bows, to labels, let everyone get creative â€“ you can even vote on your favorite if your family likes a friendly competition!!
- Decorate your own stockings. Start with a basic red and white stocking, and gather all of your art supplies. Ribbons, bows, paints, sequins, glitter â€“ whatever you can find! When you are done, you can hang them up and add to the holiday dÃ©cor!!
- Create artwork. Depending on how ambitious you are feeling â€“ gather canvases, paints, and brushes for everyone in the family. Set up an area (probably a good idea to lay some plastic on the floor) and let everyone create their own artwork. Make sure everyone signs and dates their canvas so you can hang them for years to come.
- Make fun centerpieces. Gather any vases you have around the house, and any leftover decorations from the tree. Ornaments, garland, even a string of lights. Arrange them in a fun design in the vase, and you suddenly have a decorative centerpiece!!
Remember, the best thing about the holidays is having fun with family and friends. Decorations are supposed to be â€œfunâ€ and colorful. Itâ€™s the time of year that being â€œperfectâ€ isnâ€™t important, but having warmth and love in your decorations is. Happy Holidays!!