We spoke about Navy Blue being the new black last week briefly, but we wanted to touch back a bit more on this happening color. Not only is navy blue popping in up in all the clothing stores around this time of year, but it is starting to show up in home dÃ©cor and design shops as well! While the initial thought may be that navy is too bold forÂ your home, chances are you are overlooking some fun and easy ways to introduce navy intoÂ the home. Weâ€™ve put a together a list of ways to introduce this hue into your home as well!
- Navy curtains. Curtains are a fantastic way to bring color into any space, because you are instantly adding a pop to the windows, and as the light shines through the fabric adding a hint of that color throughout the whole space! Navy curtains are available in a variety of fabrics, some heavier some lighter (chose depending on the space), some plain some patterned (again keep in mind the space â€“ the color alone will make a statement).
- Switching out your neutral colored bedding can quickly make a statement to your bedroom â€“ and transform it into a nautical retreat!
- An accent chair or end table. Adding a pop of color to your living room tends to be an easy upgrade, as most of us tend to stay with a neutral color palette in this space. Adding the bold color of navy to either an accent chair or end table will quickly make a statement in the space.
- Add artwork. Artwork generally dresses up any space it is put into â€“ but this season shy away from the neutral canvases and introduce a bold piece with a navy background or design that will make any mundane room look more modern.
- Get out your paintbrush. This one is a little more of a stretch, but any wood furniture is instantly brought back to life with a fresh coat of navy paint â€“ from your kitchen cabinets, to your bathroom vanity, even your boring wooden headboard. This tends to be a slightly more permanent statement â€“ so make sure youâ€™ll love it before you get to work!
Keep in mind, navy is bold â€“ for the same reason you may accessorize with a scarf, or patterned shirt â€“ but are unlikely to leave the house in head to toe navy â€“ keep the color to an accent in your home as well!