When it comes to cleaning your blinds and shades, what should you know? How do you clean them? And what do you clean them with? Honestly, it depends on the product you have. See the below categories to see how:
1) Faux wood – Any cleaning product would suffice. A simple cloth and water, dish detergent, soap, or a swifter work best.
2) Real wood – Cleaners specified only for wood. Products like Murphy oil, wood wipes, a swiffer, or duster.
3) Aluminum – Water and soap or a duster.
4) Vinyl – Water and soap or a duster.
5) Roller shades (vinyl) – Water and soap or a wet cloth
6) Roller shades (fabric) – A hand vacuum or a duster
7) Pleated shades (fabric) – A hand vacuum or duster
8) Cellular shades (fabric) – A hand vacuum or a damp cloth to spot treat them (they have a scratch-card on them)
9) Roman shades (fabric) – A hand vacuum or duster