Mason Jar Gifts
The popularity of mason jars has grown through the last few years. And why not- they are cute and functional! A growing trend is using the jars to give gifts â€“ and they are the perfect small gifts for neighbors, co-workers, and friends. Of course, some ideas are more appropriate for one audience vs another, so we have compiled a list to help you out.
– Cupcakes in a jar – Of course there is a company that hit it big on Shark Tank with this idea already, but you can keep it low scale, and make them yourself in much smaller batches. Just bake the cupcake directly in the jar â€“ make sure to only fill it a little more than half way so you have room to add frosting and toppings.
– Hot cocoa in a jar – Fill up half of the jar with your favorite hot cocoa mix, and then fill the rest with marshmallows. This is a fairly inexpensive option as well because you can buy the mix in bulk and fill up a lot of jars.
– S’mores in a jar – Add in graham crackers, a couple Hershey bars, and some big marshmallows, and you have instant s’mores!
– Chocolate chip cookies in a jar – Layer the ingredients, and attach a small piece of paper with the instructions. Aside from the ingredients you have added instruct them to preheat the over to 375, add 1 egg, Â¾ teaspoon of vanilla extract, and bake for 9 to 11 minutes. These are the ingredients for you to layer in the jar.:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
– Candy jar – Fill up the jar with any variety of candy â€“ just chose colorful candies â€“ they are the decoration and the treat!Continue Reading